Yearly Plan for Writing
Students should be able to
accomplish the following skills by the end of the year.
- Main Idea, Topic Sentences, Supporting Details (Hamburger
- Introduce and Practice 4-Square
- Everything is modeled.
- Main Idea and Topic Sentences are given.
- Graphic Organizers are introduced.
- All brainstorming is done as a class.
- Minimal editing and
revising takes place.
Middle of Year:
- Continue practicing 4-Square Narrative method.
- How-to; Steps in a Process Writing
- Persuasive Writing
- Time-order Words
- Transition Words
- 4-Squares are still modeled.
- Main Idea and topic sentences are given, but students must
come up with supporting details.
- More editing and revising takes place via peer tutoring
and teacher assistance.
- Brainstorms are still
done as a class.
End of Year:
- Narrative Writing continues.
- Main Idea is given, but students must come up with topic
sentences and supporting details.
- 4-Squares are independent once the main idea is given.
- Students write, edit, and revise independently or with a peer.
- Introduce Report
- Work is published,
displayed, and/or presented to the class.
Web Page Created with PageBreeze